Monday, August 16, 2010

Where can I buy motivation?

I'm going to start working out. I say this every summer before school starts. With the gyms that Ball State has I'll be able to get in the best shape of my life! I rarely make it a week before I quit.
I really want to do it this time. I'm not fat, I know, and I'm not trying to lose weight necessarily. I don't even have a scale in my house so I wouldn't know I had even if I did. I just want to be "tone" or "lean". There's a difference between being skinny and being in shape. I have fantastic genes. My hair almost always obeys me, except in unusual humidity. My nail beds are long and my nails are hard. I tan pretty well and my eyes have a good shape to them, even if they aren't the traditional shape of most white people and I have to put on my eye shadow a little bit differently. I eat whatever I want and my weight doesn't fluctuate. I'm spoiled. I know that I don't *need* to work out to look like I'm "supposed to look." I just want to be healthy. I want to get into the habit of working out so that when I get pregnant later on (very later on) in life, I won't have a hell of a time losing my baby weight. I want to work out so that when I get older and my metabolism slows down, I can still have pasta and rice pretty much every day. What's life without pasta? Nothing, that's what.
I want to keep on looking nice even after I have kids. I think it's a tragedy when women cut their hair super short and stop wearing makeup when they have kids. Ugh. I watched my cousin's 7 month old all day for two and a half weeks this summer. Yeah, I wasn't sure how to take a shower when no one else was home. What if she woke up from her nap while I was in the shower? Other than that I definitely had the ability to put some makeup on and brush my hair while she was up and about. Although my clothes had little spots of smashed green peas and I reeked of formula I still tried to look presentable. Maybe? Alright fine, I wore yoga pants pretty much everyday. I had no where to go! If I had errands to run or a husband, or any reason to look nice other than because I was watching music videos I would have. Really. I would have...
I'm also going to start working out. Yeah... It's totally going to happen this time. Totally.

4 comments:

  1. So....how's it going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well anonymous, I'm going to check out the new gym tonight, but that's the first thing I've done in like three days :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, you're so ridiculous sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's totally an established habit now. Thank you very much! I even have one of those ipod holders for my arm!

    ReplyDelete